Monday, September 14, 2009

dear m,

We totally spied Iss-May Ay-Jay from ANTM at Fashion Week. Mel’s sister wrangled tickets to a Saturday afternoon show, so exciting; none of us had ever been to anything like it. Thumping music, cool outfits, flashing cameras and fashion moxie. Luckily, it didn’t matter what we (I) wore, what with the zillions of people and all, even though I clearly was not even remotely trendy in my rainy-day hair, Old Navy jeans, well-worn T-shirt, Doc Martens, and parka. Oh, and the happy-faced plastic bag holding my half-eaten sandwich, which is another letter entirely. I was going for too cool to care, and obviously, I was.

Generally, pictures were difficult to capture. I would have needed a more expensive camera. However, here is some of the scene.

runway

P1030619

totally yucky pic of me, but Mel looks cute

P1030621

literal wall of cameras to the left…creeeeepy!

P1030642

Iss-May Ay-Jay 1

P1030633

Iss-May Ay-Jay 2

P1030648 

models

P1030660

models (they all came out looking like a beacon of light)

P1030647

and more models…

P1030667

2 comments:

Tell us more! said...

WoWzA!

almost anonymous said...

Cool!

I'm intrigued by the sandwich story :)