Monday, September 28, 2009

Dear Penelope,

ok, so I lied about the "i don't make" jewelry thing. but who's to say this whole making jewelry for friends will last. certainly it may, but could we go so far as to hope i finally start using that etsy account? i don't know. I can't say. probably not. right now i'm doing "comedy" traffic school online. they put hidden phrases in the material so you can't not read it and there's a timer. though i read fast I still have 12 minutes left on the page. lucky for me the timer keeps running even if i'm on bloggerwritingtoyou.

also i had time to get another glass of icedtea and a handful of chocolate covered almonds, whose healing properties can't be ignored, oh and a plum. earlier today i went to togos and they had dark pink straws. i did infact take it home and am now feeling all mellow from my walk and swim and salad. the girl at 24 said the pool in hollywood was 25yards. is that the same as meters? i still can't fathom this pool being as large as the one in pasadena which is 25m but what if it is? it certainly confirms that certain arrangements of things can become too much, clausterphobic, and definitely not peaceful if is true. i guess i can google it.

the mail came and i got a letter from the EDD. it pays to be unemployed during a major recession apparently. some mysterious extension of benefits came through. i still feel i need to start being more active in my search, but the divebombingdownintodespair regardless doesn't need to start anytime soon. i did mail the guy who told me to email him every couple months and remind him of my existence. he told me to after all. so i did. i feel bad about it still. but i hit send. that's the important thing.

i have 3 to-dos left today:
-meditate
-yardwork
-trafficschool

yesterday when to visit Ijah in the hospital, her dad was there, who makes his whole life about meditating, he was off playing with Musik and when he came back he was tired so he just laid on the ground next to the bed, in a little dark spot i guess. eventually musik made him join her on the bed but the point of it is really- could i be that person? i think i could? who is just so self-possessed to the point of detatchment? that could just lay on the linoleum in the middle of a hospital room. certainly i have a modicum of propriety that might stop me in some ways... but in others i might be quite free. it leaves one to ponder.

otherwise thats my day. there it went. the whole thing. but the sky is blue and there's a breeze so i'm going to logoff of comedytrafficschool and read about traffic infractions and nuns later.

5 comments:

pen said...

There's 3 feet or 36 inches to a yard, and something like 100 cm to a meter, but I don't know what it all means. Which one is bigger, who knows.

Omg, online traffic school? So lucky. I seem to remember taking a 6-hour driver's ed class and I still want those hours of my life back. That was before blogging even existed though.

almost anonymous said...

Make stuff! Sell it on Etsy! You can do it.

Good to hear your benefits extended, as hopefully that means mine will as well...should I (hopefully not) remain unemployed that long.

I would consider lying on the floor in the middle of a hospital room. Except for all the germs hanging around.

somebodys mom said...

I once laid on the sidewalk outside a seven eleven ish store on a road trip. I just needed ten winks.

36 inches to a yard and about 39.37 inches to a meter.

I hope that musik heals quickly.

Bruckner said...

M, You and AA can thank your president for the benefits extension. He is such a wonderful guy!!!

Unknown said...

hi. sell on etsy! do it! yeay. and also, not proper venue for this but how were those asparagi cooked! they were perfect.