Saturday, September 5, 2009

dear m,

The uvula statue is insane, and I love that you quested 7 or so years for it. Next year, we are meeting up somewhere fabulous, whether it be Chi or elsewhere. We’re making it happen.

I don’t know what I’ll do in NYC. Possibly stand on the sidewalk a lot and stare up at the tall, tall buildings. Surely there will be a museum in there. Obviously a cute baby of the nephew variety. I can’t wait.

Being ruled by the moon and sensitivo, I feel like the horoscope I read the other day about the moon all of a sudden entering Pisces was for real. The effects, I mean. I could feel them immediately. Or maybe it was the power of suggestion, but still. There’s something different in the air this month, and it’s not just the cool. Which has gone away briefly, but hopefully will return soon, because the no-a/c thing was such a tease. Anyway, between NYC and some other celebrations, including a 40th b-day party at the end of the month that will feature a backyard screening of Mamma Mia!, I feel like…somehow I’m experiencing some sort of celebration of life. It’s good.

And I await good TV. Most expectantly. ANTM, Vampire Diaries, and Glee (re)appear this week. You know I had to put that in here.

Did you know, too, the story behind the two fish of Pisces? They are two possible paths. One represents swimming against the stream, i.e. making your dreams a reality. The other is  moving with the stream, engaging in a lifetime of daydreams. Either way, there is dreaming, which I love. But I’m kind of wondering: which fish am I. I feel like it is the latter, mostly.

Your b-day package is for real all packed and ready to send; it’s now a matter of a post office visit.

I drank three glasses of lemonade throughout the day today, all spiked with vodka, the last punctuated with raspberries. I could use another, really, but it’s late. Will I go there? Football has finally been turned off, and it’s my turn. I’m watching the tail end of Iron Chef America and then who knows what.

Still I feel like the Art Institute should have recognized you and allowed free entrance. All museums should be donation-only, anyway. Because a lot of poor saps such as myself might donate $5 and under, while others will feel inclined to drop a $50 in the glass box, just because.

Wandered over into the cartoonish knockoff of Farm Town today. They call it Farmville, and whatever. I’ll do both, I guess, since my husband was traitorous to my Farm Town cause. You get money from your animals there, but there’s no marketplace. But everything loads faster. The looks to choose from are more plentiful, but all the characters’ eyes are dead and doll-like. Trade-offs.

Also, I nearly had a panic attack sorting through “other” requests on Facebook. Apparently they max out at 100, while I had been operating under the assumption for nearly 2 years now that if you ignore them (without pressing any buttons), then they will go away. Not so, not so. I guess they do expire after awhile because all total I probably only sorted through a couple hundred, but still. Who knew there was this whole other aspect of of FB that some are apparently obsessed with. I mean honestly, applications I’ve never heard of before, all used by the same person. He used them all. And I thought my virtual farming obsession was a problem.

I’m feeding my pet mosquito again. I don’t love her very much. Did you know the only ones who bite are girls?

love, pen

No comments: