Monday, September 21, 2009

dear m,

Omg, stupid template over at Lo.Co. Stupid sore throat/cold/exhaustion or whatever. Etc.

Positives from today include our trip to the park, though I am always curious, interested, intrigued to encounter other managers that essentially ignore you? I mean, I don’t get the protocol, I suppose. I’m not extroverted enough to announce my cheery presence/identity when there is no clear opening, no smile/similar nonverbal, no…whatever. But I’m also brazen enough at this juncture in my career to just be all (in my head), it’s a free park, a public place, so we’re going to continue with our picnic, thankyouverymuch. And play with your children and maybe even eat one of your crackers. And be perfectly friendly/open should you choose to thaw out a little bit. Not the whole lot of you, just some.

P1030671I wanted to continue my NYC tales, in particular my apparent inner Theater Nerd that exists, is alive and well, and may choose to appear at any moment. Like maybe now. I loved the Lion King. It was my first Broadway play, ever, and I confess I’m hungry for more. Part of me has always dissed musicals for their ridiculous/unbelievable element, the breaking into song and perfectly choreographed dance at any given moment. But like… it all defies logic and explanation, right? The point is that it’s fun. It’s energizing. It’s manufactured and mass-produced and possibly even lowbrow. Or not. Because it also requires an enormous amount of talent (which leads me further thought re: talent and fame, and how one does not necessarily dictate/inform the other). Regardless, I’m pondering a future purchase of theater tickets in this state, for reals… details TBD.

P1030672

Another trip side note: a terrorist cell has recently been partially dismantled, maybe you’ve seen the headlines. And one of the terrorists made several attempts to rent a truck in NYC on Sept 10? And one of the scouted locations on a seized computer was… Fashion Week? Which of course I attended on Sept 12. I’m just saying. It made my hair stand on end a little. Dear Feds: Keep up the good work, on that front. And thank you.

I’m tired. I have to think of a Smartini poll question. I’m not thinking about that ugly, shit-brown rectangle that plagues my beautiful blog about the children. I’m going to bed and maybe read Eat, Pray, Love.

xoxoxo

P.S. Am attending a 70s-style party on Friday and advice is needed re: outfit suggestions. Bohemian, disco, go-go? Please provide details.  

7 comments:

Earth mother said...

Oh what fun. 70's style. any of those ideas would be great. Did you want to wear light and flowy or synthetic double knit? I think you could go as a flower child/bohemian and totally pull it off. Daisies in your hair and a peasant skirt and love beads and draw a little heart or peace symbol on your cheek and carry a protest sign that says something birthday greeting ish. Or go for the tie dye t shirt with ratty patched jeans and a scarf tied around your head.

What is the deal with people ignoring... is it so hard really? A smile? Hey isn't it a beautiful day. see you.

penelope said...

I love these ideas! Will take pictures.

~sarah said...

i personally love the whole mod look ala early 70's. short skirt, boots, big buttons... and totally wearable as "real" clothes now so you get double-play on the purchase, if you must purchase. : )

somebodys mom said...

I would totally loan you my little leather handbag and diamond shaped sunglasses and the vest I made from a ratty tank top.

almost anonymous said...

The other blog looks fantastic today :)

mendacious said...

i think you should go bad - err i mean, good perm and dress like the woman who is rising the ranks of the business world with a power suit AND the small string of pearls- and small brief case and is at the party to let her hair down and get a little crazy- in those stylish but economical pumps and all- this dress version would at least catch people by surprise... the pencil line skirt (beige), the silky or fitted cotton top... just on the cusp of the 80's and bad glasses. it'd be awesome. that or you could start with that and strip down into a slinky disco #. either way.

pen said...

I think I'm going for flower child/bohemian, since I already have some stuff I could piece together. Otherwise, totally would be into the mod! Or slinky disco...

Thanks, aa :)