Friday, September 25, 2009

dear m,

I’m beginning to understand what you mean about sailing through the levels of FarmTown. And then sometimes it’s like you don’t have a penny until next harvest and other times, like post-pineapple harvest over at m’s jungle, you have so much money you don’t know what to do with it. I mean, I could save up for a 300,000-coin manor house, OR… I could create a meditation space along one side of my farm with the help of hedges, park benches, a fountain, and animal-shaped topiaries. I mean, whichever. And then maybe I’ll upgrade my lot size—yet again—and build a stone wall flanking the meditation garden, just because I can. In anticipation of what I really want, which is a river. Which will eventually flank two sides of the farm. I have to wait until level 27, really? Really. All riiiiight. I only have 3 more to go.

And I guess they’ll just have to keep adding stuff to buy or whatever because I notice some of my friends are getting so far along in the game, they’re just plowing and cutting their losses, starting over again at Farmville, because there’s like, nothing else to do. No pimped-out palace left to buy. Although don’t we all aspire to the mansion. And the greenhouse. I’m just saying.

Oh, and although I’ve already told you about it, let me mention for our readers the series of death threats I encountered the other day during a harvest. Never again will I hire someone with a name like eVILin or whatever that crazy person’s name was. I mean honestly. You see someone on the news who does something completely unhinged-whacko like go off in a parking lot with a machine gun, and you think, what kind of person DOES that. Well, I met her, in cartoon farmer person. “I’ll kill you, I’ll kill you, etc.” Completely unprovoked! And going on and on until I asked her to leave. And reported her. Because, ick. I mean, maybe in a game like Mafia Wars, if there was an opportunity? But I usually associate FT with happy-go-lucky types. Sheesh.

In the meantime, I await the posting of Grey’s online, so I can actually WATCH it. Though I soaked up every spoiler I could possibly read over the summer, I’m now feeling anxious at any and all FB status allusions to watching and crying one’s face off. Because, um, I wanna watch it immediately! Me too me too. Although frankly it will probably have to wait until tomorrow night at least. Tonight and tomorrow will feature the last of September’s birthday celebrations. Tonight I must dress like a hippie and sing my heart out, and tomorrow possibly some tasty appetizers of the Asian fusion variety. Cheers.

Good day to you madam.

love,

penelope

1 comment:

somebody mom said...

oh dear, farm town crazy people? shocking.

I am such an underachiever on Farm Town.