Saturday, September 19, 2009

dear m,

I realize that as the summer progressed, my enthusiasm for the garden developed an inversely proportional relationship to the temperature outside. As usual. However, a few weeks ago, we planted our late summer salad bed, and I wanted to share a picture, lest you think I don’t care about home-grown veggies anymore. I do. This is a pretty low-maintenance plot of radishes, carrots, and lettuce, and as you can see, it’s taking off. I have to buy some bug spray for the leaves… something effective but hopefully not too toxic? Still working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, it grows. And the temperature slowly retreats, creating a directly proportional relationship to my happiness. I would draw some graphs to further illustrate the point, but it all seems a bit much. Hope you are well. The blog misses you.

love,

penelope

P1030697

3 comments:

Shocked said...

Bug spray!

What critters are you needing to battle?

semi green thumb said...

Well, how about the detergent spray that you used on the mites in spring?

pen said...

I might try it and see if it works. It did initially for the other bed. Maybe should have kept it up. There are no big problems in this bed, just a few leaves here and there that have been munched on...