Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear M,

I’ve been eating Cheetos. Do I care that the cute little corn graphic on the back of the bag tells some such lie about growing the best snacks on earth? I mean, they’re tasty. But let’s not get carried away. My garden’s a shambles in this heat, between the mystifyingly tough okra, the green tomatoes that Bender keeps stealing, and the cucumbers that withered away before fruiting. And the second round of zucchini we never planted. I await cooler temperatures in order to do anything of substance outdoors.

I had a lovely weekend away. Purchased a new phone. Brought home bread that reminds me so much of NY, but I won’t torture you with the wheat-filled details.

Today was lazy. But productive. But lazy. As I filled too many minutes this evening seeking a tiny wallpaper for my phone and lamenting said phone’s refusal to allow “The Office” theme as its ringtone. Whatever. I’m overitalready. The wallpaper is there and is perfect, and I’m moving on.

I made chicken salad with grapes, and watched Mamma Mia! maybe twice. Dragged the company back to the pet store to exchange the wrong-size filters for the right size, but never did clean the tank. Perhaps tomorrow.

Bedtime calls…

xoxo,

penelope

3 comments:

mendacious said...

cheetos, even though they are crunchtastic do seem to warrant some uh, skepticism? distance? as long as they dont have HFCS in them I guess. i don't want you to be betraying your own standards.

and that silly bender. a whole story could be made of that.

ashley said...

I'm with Bender. Green tomatoes are the awesomeness.

ashley said...

P.S. My previous word verification was "later" which seems an affirmation of the end of your post.