Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Place In Which, by M

i'm cube 4.116



later in the day:

Found bathrooms far away.
Quadrant south bldg.
Found breakroom.
No coffee cups bcs the company is green.
Nevermind that water is actually a nonrenewable resource.
They have biodegradable forks.
I did not bring a cup.
No screener tapes to do today as yet.
My chair sends me flying backward.
Uncertain how to fix.
Situation amended.
I am on the 4th floor.
Cube#: 4.116 (I am not joking about this fact)
On the corner of the bldg facing away from windows.
Situation amended.
But the chords only stretch so far.
Uncertain if I am being watched.
It is likely.
Drink exploded over keyboard and computer.
am currently craving: burritos

4 comments:

penelope said...

I love your cubicle number... it's either poetic, as in a stanza number, or it's more like the subsection of a legal document. Nice.

almost anonymous said...

Is cranberry the new color for office walls? Wasn't that the color in your last office?

Although I suppose it's better than at LA Center.

mendacious said...

deceptive due to the low light they're actually more of a true red- and the other ones more of a cran-merlot-cabernet ').

heh.

despite the low pay i am pleased with the amount of windows.

recon completed - debriefed said...

I like that you harmonize with the space with your reddish shirt, all you need now is a hat that matches the light fixtures.