Friday, November 14, 2008

survivor friday! now i’m inspired.

Sugar is my fav in this game, with Bob as a close second. J.Lo is seriously annoyed at the underdog faction of Kenny, Crystal, and Susie, and though I agree they’re not my favorite personalities ever, I give them props for at least playing the game and fighting for their own Survivor lives. I think that we’re naturally programmed to root for the cool, popular kids, but now that Marcus and Charlie are out, I see no reason to root for Corinne. She’s really sort of horrible. She’s at least as bad as Jeri Manthy in Australia, but since she’s cuter, she hasn’t been vilified quite as much. Frankly, she lost me a week or two ago when she said something along the lines of, “I’m a completely vindictive person.” Really? Ew. And just because she takes it as a personal affront that Marcus (and now, presumably, Charlie) have been voted out, doesn’t mean the viewing audience should, too.

Kenny, Crystal, and Susie bother me because all three pretty well suck at challenges and don’t have the best attitude overall at camp. Crystal really bothers me with her challenge suckitude, because um, she was an Olympic athlete! She gives up so easily when it comes to anything physical in this game. BUT, at least these three aren’t ferrying in the cool faction just because they’re cool. As Kenny noted, there’s no reason why Marcus should deserve to stay longer than any of the others. The goal of the game is Outwit, Outplay, Outlast, and the underdog faction are doing just that.

And how about Susie rocking that fire challenge? Sugar was a close second, but the rest of the players’ performances were pretty darn pitiful. Not one of them even sparked a flame.

Other notes:

  • Loved, loved, loved Bob’s fake Immunity Idol. Eliza could never say, “It’s just a stick!” Perhaps the show will hire him to head up the Crafts Department for the next Survivor.
  • Loved/hated Corinne’s assessment of Sugar as a complete moron. Sugar’s playing the role well, and Corrine is just nasty toward anyone who isn’t on Team Corinne.
  • Randy! What a bitter, bitter man. Hopefully his time in the game will lead him down a path of self-awareness. I find it most ironic that he’s a wedding photographer, a recorder of a happy life events.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that someone else out there is still watching/writing about Survivor.

Agree about Corrine (or however you spell that.) HATE her. I love that two weeks ago she thought she had it in the bag, and now she's going to be scrambling to not get the ax next week.

Also agree re: Crystal. UGH. She is the worst. Although I don't know, there's something about Kenny I find kind of endearing.

What about Matty? I kind of love him. For me, its gotta be either Sugar or Matty for the win, although I also do love Bob. Especially his buff bow tie. That would be a GREAT final three.

penelope said...

Agreed! That would be the best final three! And Kenny... I'm alternately endeared and unimpressed with Kenny. I do love that he now catches fish. There's something awesome about a gamer learning to survive outdoors.