Monday, November 17, 2008

Definitely Not Ok, by M

So I've decided it's not ok. I called the house this AM again, to see if my friends life had or hadn't changed irrevocably. And her mom answered the phone and immediately knew it was me, and she makes some really not very concerned fumbling excuse about why she didn't call me back, and explained my number just came up but not my name so she didn't know... which means she deleted my # from her cell phone and yet uh, either her house has caller id or she knows my fucking number people! what is going ON! I got deleted, not called back, generally stepped on for my concern, and then she told me that they weren't staying at the shop which is quite different than being evicted... and whatever so then she explains to me how there was a 30ft wall of flames coming down and surrounding the house but that a gust of wind came and pushed the wall fire down the hill. And that her son found a way back up the hill and spent the night putting out ember fires at various houses on his street.... and she's like, so yah thanks so much for calling, the inspector is here i have to go, and i was like so i guess I'll catch up with ivy later? And uh? Ok bye! Thanks for calling! CLICK.

WHAT!?
WTF!? is going ON!

2 comments:

penelope said...

Ugh, I cannot even handle it. Extract self from situation. BLAH. It's just badness all around. Tell them to throw some effing sage in the fire while they're at it.

Anonymous said...

You said it!



(my word verification word is "ditanita" how sweet is that!)