Tuesday, November 11, 2008

notes

  1. Ever pensive, my mind has been *brewing* as of late, to the point of great distraction. You should see how packed my DVR is—between this new side jobby of mine and all the brewing, I haven’t even had time for all the crap I watch! My usual solution for peneloccupations is to blog about them, but frankly, I think these matters are a bit of a drag-down for the three existing blogs of Pen&M, LoCo, and Smartini. Too serious. I’m quite sure that if I started linking a bunch of articles on any of these blogs, y’all would very soon tune me out, and/or banish me from your blogrolls. So think of my fourth blog as yet another Thought Receptacle for Penelope. J.Lo (and possibly m) will have a fit about it, wondering how in the eff I’ll have the time, but I argue that I’m so consumed with this stuff anyway, this blog is my outlet for it. Put it out there and be done. Plus, who doesn’t want an even deeper look into the multi-faceted mind of penelope? So, please, if you’re interested, check it out and join the conversation. Or else I'll just speak to the void. Whichever...
  2. As noted in the sidebar, I’m in love with our new set of jumbo coffee mugs. They’re big, can be used as soup and cereal bowls. We had about a million coffee cups already, but none this shape and size, and I ultimately justified the purchase by getting rid of some sincerely ugly ones. Mugs from J.Lo’s bachelor days. I was a tiny bit nervous I’d hurt his feelings by bringing my festering, five-year disdain of these mugs to light, but it turns out these mugs were purchased with… Marlboro Miles. I have no words.
  3. I haven’t been doing Survivor Fridays, not because we’re not still obsessed with the show (clearly we are), but I just haven’t felt inspired. One of the tribes, named Fang, has to be one of the worst tribes in the history of Survivor, and it doesn’t seem to matter who’s on the tribe. They’ve switched it up a few times, and they.just.stink. One of the chicks (bitchy Corinne—cute, but can’t really stand her) even changed the pronunciation last episode from “Fong” to “Fang”… didn’t help.
  4. I heart Mario Kart for the Wii. I haven’t really played video games for years, not since the days of the old Nintendo. I’m pretty terrible, but it’s a fun, mindless buzz nonetheless.
  5. The side jobby: It’s also thrown me for a loop. I had a not-really-minor meltdown last week, just trying to sort out expectations. I work from home, drafting some (I’m learning, J.Lo is teaching) and doing some admin work. Right now there’s much more admin than drafting. Adding anything like this to one’s life is always an adjustment, and of course there’s always a learning curve. Anyway, I think I’m over it now. Still don’t know what I’m doing really but feel more comfortable with my direction, and my chosen method of muddling through.

4 comments:

Andria said...

don't you just Looove hormones?

I still can't believe you've started yet another blog, but it's fun. and pretty.

Those coffee "mugs" look pretty cool! Space saving stackability! nice.

We also got the same catalog in the mail the other day I noticed you added it to your sidebar. funny!

BTW Did you (anyone?) add My Own Worst Enemy? to their blogroll. Greg & I have just started watching it and it's somewhat entertaining, actually. Quite a few questions, and can get confusing, but overall, I'm enjoying it. Doesn't hurt that I used to have the biggest crush on Mr. Slater.

Anonymous said...

Four blogs and a job and a writing group and two kids...and...

:)

Impressive

penelope said...

I'm experimenting with sleeping less. :)

I love that toy catalog! And I haven't checked out My Own Worst Enemy yet. Good to know there's another good one out there.

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your coffee mugs too. xD And /agree with Andria, My Own Worst Enemy is pretty neat.

Mario Kart is my fave game. Have never played on Wii, to my eternal sadness. Will enjoy going head to head (toe to toe? hand to hand?) with you when next we visit! Might not be able to do anything else. The parents, boys, and chillin' will have to fend for themselves!