Friday, November 21, 2008

pile-ups

*I keep up with the laundry pretty well, despite grave procrastination on the folding and putting-away front. I did laundry over the weekend. But somehow, by Monday, the laundry hamper was two feet taller than normal. Almost as tall as ME. I’ve never seen it get that high. The culprit? Sheets. Apparently I had changed a lot of bed sheets recently. So the lesson here clearly is not to change your sheets, as it leads to inordinate, cruel amounts of laundry.

*Seriously, you should see my DVR. Three episodes of Gossip Girl. And equal number of Privileged. The only two girl-shows I’ve kept up with recently are ANTM and Grey’s Anatomy. And Top Chef, but I’ve only half-watched. All the rest lay there waiting, or else have been cancelled entirely. I blame my blogging problem, and that pesky job. And the children, it’s always their fault.

*Speaking of shows I DO keep up with, how about McKey winning ANTM??? Yeah, I didn’t really dig her, either. Whatever. I like Marjorie and Analeigh. Also, last night’s eps of The Office and Survivor were both brilliant spots of light in the scope of each current season. Discuss with me in the comments, if you watch these shows!

*Mendacious is leaving me in less than 3 weeks. I don’t think I’m really quite prepared, although I suppose between her absence and the repeats starting up, I’ll have time to amend the aforementioned DVR backlog.

*I have to cook Thanksgiving dinner next week. Which is totally great, I love cooking. But so much preparation involved?! The hell. First order of business is to come up with a shopping list, which I haven’t done yet, and then I apparently need to head out and procure said ingredients immediately. The bread for the stuffing needs to be cut up and left out to stale properly by Saturday. Which is TOMORROW. And from there it only gets more complicated, tackling the entire menu I have in mind.

5 comments:

Andria said...

Dude, how about a **SPOILER ALERT** for those of us that also have backlogged DVR's and hadn't seen the finale of ANTM yet?! I'm not a fan of Mckey, so that does stink. Oh well.

Good luck with the giant undertaking of Thanksgiving dinner! I know you are ambitious and hope you enjoy pulling it off!

penelope said...

Oh, crap! Sorry! I assumed no one could possibly be further behind on TV watching than me. :) And it was just two nights ago. Whoops!

~sarah said...

i'm a little unsure what to do w/o M for that long either. i'll sub for you if you'll sub for me. i'm on the computer all day too. do you need my IM? : )

Anonymous said...

We'll get each other through! :)


My word verif is "globions." Sounds scientific!

erin j said...

ANTM...sigh... stupid mckey...whatever. that isn't even a real name!
all recording devices have broken in our house (well all one of them) and honestly, i haven't missed it. i'm reading a lot more. and of course, maybe i'll get back on the fit soon...like after i get back...
as for turkey day... check our racheal ray thanksgiving in 60... she has some great ideas of how to get things done a bit quicker, even if you don't use her stuff (though i'm totally trying her pumpkin trifle this year...it looks super yummy!)
and laundry...sigh...