Tuesday, January 12, 2010

m,

I gave the fish too much love, apparently. To address mortality rates, I began at some point feeding them twice a day, instead of once, and it must have been as a result of the extra food and waste and phosphorus in the tank that we now have slime algae. The spinach stuff that comes off in sheets? I had to remove it by hand today, which was mildly gross, but not uninteresting. And then apparently I am to starve the little creatures (feed one time daily) and change the water more frequently, until all the slime is gone.

Want to watch “Idol” at the moment, even though I’m not a fan. But the DVR is preoccupied recording two other shows. And for some reason the silence is unwelcome. Whereas, later in the evening, I will want it quiet.

Currently becoming an organized machine with the help of OneNote, which is a like a personal tabbed organizer, except it’s on your computer. Instead of 7 different notebooks, post-its, etc., half of which are crayon-scribbled on and/or losing pages, all over your house. Oh and the copying and pasting of pictures, like say of a book you want to read, into OneNote? Joyful.

Sunday I decided to go to the adult education class at church while K.Lo and N.Lo were off doing their thing, in Sunday School and the nursery, respectively. And no one batted an eye, so I guess it’s okay to go. Although I still have no idea what to do with myself between the end of class and the beginning of service, so I end up wandering around and fielding curious stares and questions about my status: New here? Student? Kids—but where’s the husband? Sigh. Anyway, it’s becoming a routine and a groove, Sunday is, but 9:30 – 12:30 with no food save for a few cookies… I’m just saying. Should I squirrel away nuts in my pocket?

Oh, and the class content! happened to be stewardship toward the earth, which is in its beginning phases, as a project. Like could/should it be considered a spiritual issue? I feel like maybe yes.

And my reasons for super-organization at this juncture: completely necessary to keep my brain from exploding. With the 3 little paying jobs, and the 24/7 non-paying job. And all the other stuff in-between. Not that super-organized isn’t part of my nature, but I feel like I took a definitive break post-grad school, or maybe even in grad school, like I was suffering burnout from the mere concept of structuring one’s day. 

Which for you means that I may have ideas about what our days will look like in March. For your visit. Your visit!!!!!

xo,

pen

3 comments:

~sarah said...

speaking of "little jobs," had my phone call tonight and they said "And you know 'Pen.' That's great!" so we definitely need to collaborate! : )

pen said...

yay! i'm glad about that. and we will definitely collaborate!

almost anonymous said...

Three hours is a long haul. We don't have Sunday School, so it's just the 1 1/2 hour (give or take) service.

I definitely think stewardship toward the earth is a spiritual issue, one that sometimes gets overlooked.

My word is "reasper" which kind of makes me miss working on my last show. Oh well.