Monday, February 23, 2009

on the wall, the little changes

The signs are up. The veggies/seeds sign is more vibrant than I could capture, and overall, I’m pleased with the size, vintage feel, and effect they have in the kitchen. Because I ordered 3 horizontal signs and 1 vertical (have been window shopping for these for over a month now, and what happens when I come down to the decision wire? wine.), and because they were actually just a little bit bigger than I imagined, we ended up arranging 3 on one wall, and 1 on another. Grouped the foodstuffs together, and then joined the one about the children with the other one about the children. They make a good team.

 

TinSigns1

TinSigns2

Also this weekend, in our bedroom, we made a few changes. J.Lo took down the TV stand that was hanging on the wall. The previous homeowner made it, and he did a good job, it had just… served its purpose, and we were ready to move on. It was a tad “hospital,” and I couldn’t stand looking at the wires hanging down from the back anymore. We put the dresser in the TV stand/hamper area’s place, with the TV on top. Shifted my dresser down and put the hampers where my dresser used to be. I also switched around two pictures on the wall. All of this sounds rather abstract and inconsequential, but my main point is that the little changes totally alter the feel of a room, and with each new choice made for your rooms, it seems like the house is even more of a home. Your very own space reflecting of You, and/or the Collective You. And so between that and a lunch out to Panera, along with going to see Gran Torino, which made me laugh a lot and cry a little, it was a very satisfying weekend indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff. I like vintage signs. Small changes are all you need sometimes.

My word verification is
insweeza... I could sure use that in a lexulous game.