Sunday, February 22, 2009

BEREFT




I've fallen off the post wagon and I don't know if I can blame facebook, but I must muster the strength to tell you how tragic the parting of Pen and M was. The word we both thought of independently was bereft as I sat mostly in denial for the two hour trip to Raleigh, it was Penelope who hit my leg and drew my attention to the fact that we were parting. I said she was being mean, and then she pretended to get lost so I could miss my plane but we eventually ended up at the terminal and there wasn't anything we could do about my inevitable departure. So.Sad.

The band had an epic time together. Synchronous is the word we came up with because were good at naming stuff and that the band itself seemed to be in its best space ever. We don't know why this is but it was proof of the good friendship work we've been producing since we last parted 4+ years ago. Like the band and all the music and songs had cemented into this phenomenal truth. A very sure playlist, an album that will never get old, inducted into the 'your family' hall of fame. It's pretty awesome.

2 comments:

penelope said...

Totally bereft. I'm getting all teary thinking about it again!

All the rumors are true, the strength of the band's ties transcend the miles.

Anonymous said...

Time to start planning the reunion tour in LA.