Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Most Mediocre Show Ever








The band was totally psyched for the ghost tour but it like tanked big time.

We rushed out the door with all the expectancy we could muster. We got $10 out of the ATM and spent $3 doing that because we all recognize the importance of tipping your tour guides but we ended up spending that on some Sonic Burgers and fries.

The first set was awesome. Played in this bar called Fat Tony's. Pretty stellar. Total ghost evidence too- musty smell, chill on the arms, a possible orb? And a good story. William, the mysteriously rakish young man with his cap and peacoat, dies tragically in a fire but no one knows why he was there. . .

Then the 2nd set despite the really good pom martinis totally bunked- Picture of lenin... jack the ripper? Total rehash man. Tired out. and LAME.

And though the 3rd story was pretty good it was in this totally lame space called the Rhino Club. Like if I were Mary the abused wife of this drunk- i would be mad the place was a black and red interior which had all the feelings of lowclass, grinding and dirty.

And the 4th- and last, as the tourguide got more and more sloshed with all of his free drinks meandered across intersections that were clearly red --The night became a complete reject since I forgot my ID and they wouldn't let me in to hear the final story. Which we thought was a perfect cap to anotherwise, huh, so and so? evening...

We were generally amused with ourselves and so couldn't call it a horrible waste of an evening, but were just generally like, what was that? Not bad but mediocre which is even worse. Let's be honest. I mean only 3 stories for $16... sadness.

We capped it off with a mediocre night snack-- salty fries... which were so salty I couldn't eat them and they made my lips burn and my tongue numb. And they forgot them at first and the service took forever. We just thought it was a fitting end... us slumped over on the couch shaking our heads and thinking WTF. I mean it wasn't bad but uh... certainly there is room for improvement... till next time? I mean come on man, fries that are too salty? That's just like sabotage.

M-

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you got an awesome glass-stem shot out of the deal. Don't discount that.

~sarah said...

where is the orb?

(btw, my word verification is "biles.")

schu said...

too true aa. thanks!

the orb is the 5th photo down on the left-- when enlarged it shows thru the mans elbow so maybe just a translucent speck of dust? i didn't use a flash--- so it's not flare.

Anonymous said...

I bet you could have told a better story

ashley said...

You know, they used to come past my house on the walking tour. I never went on it...sometimes, you just don't want to know.

penelope said...

Ash, I think we should go... maybe put it on the agenda for your trip next month?? :)

penelope said...

definitely you must go!