Monday, July 16, 2007

did you know?

weird 8 by m. (as we were tagged by grainofsand, and we love talking about ourselves, here you go)

1. injuries: i broke my leg in 1st grade snow skiing down a difficult run. my binders didn't come off. i badly sprained my ankle in 9th grade bcs coming down on a block playing volleyball a girls foot was under the net. i went down for a spike in 11th grade, i bricked like an idiot and tore some muscle fibers in my bicep when i stopped my fall with my hand in practice. when i passed out after playing volleyball in college my front tooth snapped in half bcs one of the hardest things to hit the ground was my chin- i had a bruise run up my face.

2. i've been stung by wasps and bees but i'm not afraid of them. i used to paint with some wasps building a nest over my head- it was a guarded truce but for some reason i didn't want to knock the nest down. we also inadvertantly made a carpenter bee home out of some cut logs but once we found out they like to burrow into wood to have their babies we totally kept it- so every season we have heaps of sawdust on the ground where they make their home and build new tunnels.

3. bing cherries are my favorite fruit currently, followed by stawberries, plums, oranges, tangerines and pineapples then mangos, peaches, nectarines, kiwis, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, apples...

4. my must visit list includes: central america, new alreans, southeast asia, japan, china, europe

5. i am oddly a very goal oriented person. underneath this casual exterior lies a planner and a doer. it may take me a while but when somebody suggests we do something i take it as done and done. usually i don't speak idly- "wouldn't it be great if we..." unless i really think we should try to make it happen you won't catch me 'dreaming' and then of course if it makes it on a list- that's a whole nother level of devotion.

6. burts beeswax is my preferred chapstick

7. when my nails get dirty i like cleaning them with a straw- gentle and totally effective.

8. i can't keep my hands off my face. orally fixated as i do frequently pick at my teeth? yes. cause for many a breakout? yes. scratch, pick, wander, rest, slouch, face slumped, rubbing temples... why do pores have to get blocked in the first place? that's my question.

5 comments:

Andria said...

great list. I'm impressed you can still come up with some after so many tags. Burts is good stuff - gotta love the tingle!

Kurt said...

I got stung all over by a bunch a bees on the 4th of July when I was little. I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but I do run for twenty or so feet away when one comes around, just so i won't get stung. I don't like pain.

Anonymous said...

how does one get stung all over? Were you spending the 4th of July naked?

Anonymous said...

as for you, m. Maybe you should always keep a pair of sterilized gloves handy for all your face touching.

mendacious said...

i really should- i'm touching my face right now. and you know all babies run around naked on the 4th. my wasp attack happened when i was 3 or 4 and wearing a really cute green jumper- i screamed so loud but mom didn't hear me and eventually i had to decide to save myself bcs she never came- it was a defining moment i assure you.