Tuesday, July 10, 2007

because

When your fingers swell up just like the rest of you, you have to take off your rings.

It's quite vexing.

Sizing up is a tedious option, as in a few months, you'd just have to size down again.

And you don't just want to say to the world, YES, I am married.

Mostly it's just, without the rings you're used to wearing, day in and day out for the past few years,

and you're tired,

and you don't look/feel right anyway,

and your mind's already going,

it just makes you feel like you're forgetting something all day long.

And who needs that.

Solution: a $10 cheapie, 1/2 a size up.
Peaceful preggo mind? priceless.

5 comments:

Andria said...

sounds like a great solution for keeping you from constantly fidgeting with an empty finger, and foregoing that initial sense of panic when trying to remember where you might have misplaced them that will inevitably occur, even after you've done it for the umpteenth time! As for what to do with the real rings, I have seen people wear them on a chain around their neck. just a thought. . .

Andria said...

PS Your rings are goregous and fingers don't look swollen a bit to me. In fact, they look an eerily lot like my own - wish I had a picture of me holding my hand up in front of the picture of yours so you could see. . .very strange.

mendacious said...

LOVING THE LIGER flip calendar in the back.

penelope said...

I think I did a chain for a few days the last time, and it made me too nervous. And totally, it's to combat that sense of panic! The omg, where's my ring--oh yeah. Fingers like sausages, rings safely stored in jewelry box. Sigh.

I think I took the pic in a non-swollen moment, bcs the preggo ring is actually a bit loose.

m, the liger was totally for you.

Kim said...

Do you think it's bad that sometimes my fingers swell to the point where I can't get my ring off, and I'm not pregnant?

Yeah, that's probably bad...