Monday, February 22, 2010

m,

I like the new background, btw. Love it, in fact. Though I feel the bulbs had such a short little debut, so maybe we’ll bring them back again one day? They were, after all, brilliant.

So… shooting range? Really? Sigh. Can’t I just send you with J.Lo. I mean, someone has to watch the children. Granted, I still haven’t learned to shoot, but the desire is also nil. Unless it’s at one of those Old West galleries on the boardwalk somewhere, 20 shots for a quarter, where’s there’s a payoff for each score, such as a bird squawking or a skeleton playing a piano, or something.

But, I shall accommodate. :) Because, you are you.

Otherwise, plans so far include: church, tea room, BEACH ALL DAY – yes, it’s true, ghost walk, birthday cake! (peppermint patty or the kind with the butterfinger? i ponder), ferry ride, possible aquarium, yoga, deck staining, labyrinth walk. Huzzah! And lots of good food, although really you’re going to have to update me again on what you can eat at this juncture.

Lately I notice I’m addicted to shows about cake. Specifically that “Challenge” one on FoodTV. I don’t really feel that I want to eat said cakes? But they are pretty and I want to admire them from afar. Maybe this is the replacement addiction, the vent, the purge.

I did consider, briefly, giving up coffee for even more mental clarity/lack of anxiety, an interesting side effect of this sacrifice, but then I decided society didn’t want that out of me. Besides that I love it so. And that it is a natural substance, after all. Justify, justify. I’m not ready to go there. The junk moratorium is quite enough. And it is definitely more difficult, Week 2 of Lent. I find myself mentally twiddling thumbs, *needing* something, but not sure what will fill the void. Gum? Walnuts? Hard-boiled eggs? Maybe some cheese. I did eat an all-fruit fruit strip thingy today and subsequently felt a little gross about it. I’d rather the actual fruit, but well, the strawberries are all gone from the fridge. And were probably harvested by slaves, anyway, which I feel bad about.

Also, I kind of have writer’s block on a post I am working on. It’s more than annoying. I just want to be done already. I did knock out half today, but really wanted to finish. Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. I’m not really sure what the problem is with it, except that I didn't have, for way too long in the process, an angle.

I did manage to sneak in yoga today, followed by chiro, our first appointment in maybe a year. I don’t know what that’s all about, but mainly I’m glad I was able to squeeze in the yoga. I *might* be a little selfish about yoga time. Maybe. Maybe I have to be.

All the fish are still alive. (!) Knock on wood.

Although, I apparently killed a schefflera tree, but I feel J.Lo was complicit in its murder by not bringing it in from the frost, either. I trimmed all the black leaves this weekend, which means all of them. It’s bald now, completely. I hope it shows its strength and returns.

And that horrible, Hoarders-esque corner of the laundry room has been addressed!

I had a cold all weekend, the life-sucking kind. But I think I’m better now. Relatively speaking.

love to you,

pen

3 comments:

Andria said...

whoa, I felt all disoriented and did not know where I was for a moment upon loading the new header.

lots of fun, exciting plans.

excellent work with the giving up junk food. v. impressive indeed.

good luck finishing up the article. don't get too down-hearted.

mendacious said...

pen, you slay me.
also good thing about the fish and yoga. i'm a fan of both.

also have caught eps of hoarders and intervention lately- am i overly sensitive if they make me cry?

almost anonymous said...

I'm going to hide in M's suitcase and crash your party :)