Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Penelope,

Hello dear friend. I can't believe its already the end of tuesday. I wanted to tell you, as it just popped into my head, that i so need to finish/um, start- that last biola essay. Todd my grad counselor called to check in and actually asked if he could pray for me. I was like, sure, oh right now? Yes. And he reminded me also to apply for my fafsa and told me 1 letter of rec came in. It's all seeming disturbingly real right now. I'm getting that oh! I'm actually doing what?! When did i agree to this?

In other news Joanna's package has not come back. Her necklace is lost in NY. I am sure it will make its way back to me, but probably not for another week at least. So tragic. I may have to make her a substitute. And I confess, I'm going to extend my jfk layover into a 3day tour of the town. And deliver her easter necklace to ensure she actually gets it. It's a win/win obviously but funds have me slightly nervous as April looms pretty quickly after. And I have no money for that.

Also I'm fighting some bug. I blame thorne. That kid is infectious. I am sure most kids are. But i am never around them and she's an easy target. Last night I got about 11 hours of sleep. I mark that bcs of its unusualness, that and I kept waking up from sounds, my dying phone, the toilet lid slamming down, my cat pawing my face, me hacking and tickling throat. And if I didn't think I'd wake up before the sun, which you know I don't like, I'd be in bed right now. *sigh. maybe i'll have a popsicle.

more later. m.

Anyway following is the weekend in pictures:



kerrys baptism present: "you are not your own, you have been bought with a price"

mom and i grub on some garlic fries after callie's 3 hour tour d'force of martial arting and her sensai's pontificating. though thats not her fault. plus it leveraged me into being able to have lunch with my mom followed by a flower buying tour of home depot.
kerry and i at mortified. which i wish when you come it would be in town. bcs its so so good.
after all of that naturally i had to lay down in the sun yesterday and relax.




5 comments:

almost anonymous said...

Yeah. Sorry. He didn't talk that much last time. I'm not sure what got him on a roll on Saturday. Does he not realize it will make it harder for me to get an audience? :)

I like the ground level pictures.

And the bug may be my fault. Sorry again. I passed it along to my dad, at least.

pen said...

I don't know what Mortified is, but maybe they can come to town the same time as the Sound of Music singalong? I'm just saying.... NYC sojourn, ooo. And I just booked May tix to NYC as well. I guess that and more require a blog letter.

Love the pics. And the commentary overall.

mendacious said...

gasp. http://www.getmortified.com/
how have i not told you about mortified? its where they help people put together stories from their childhood journals/letters... and perform it on stage. it is - HI-larious. we saw the guy who wrote schoolofrock and i'm pretty sure i saw sarah silv@rman there also. the stories are painful, relatable and mostly endearing. except for that girl who read and had written a book called 'how to divorce before youre 30'... her story was crazy.

somebody's mom said...

I am enthralled. (my word verification is "thraili" and the inspiration for my description)

Love the photo series and of course, Saturday was good fun.

pen said...

ooo, the background is rad!