Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Penelope,

this is from the first thorne watch of 2010. she does normally have that slightly skeptical look on her face, its not just me. but has been known to break into a smile and a song- with plenty of mischief and babble but her cards are close to her chest and you have to breakdown that barrier if you want her to giggle. i have to say i am fairly natural with the wee ones though when pressed i am not sure how patient. I do usual grimace with a raised eyebrow and say really? But then conversely I tend to be pretty empathetic when they're processing things. Even when I was 4 or 5 i remember putting my arm around a younger kid who was crying at the day care I was at. I tend to excel in crisis, but you know how much i love people who communicate and kids sometimes, i mean really, what are they thinking. But how can you say no to this face? Either face really. I mean, I'm equally charming and sympathetic as a character right? I'm sure she and i will have many more grand adventures together... along with napping and tea drinking. I will abstractly ponder me with kids in a later letter.


2 comments:

Thorne is clearly her own person. said...

Nice.I feel like you snuck this in.

Unknown said...

i agree with your card holding close to chest about our very discerning and equally adorable friend, T.
also true about our friend K : )