Monday, November 2, 2009

Dear Penelope,

Hellllloooo stranger! Whats up?
I'm still allergic to something- would you believe? Shocking I know. I don't know what it is yet but there have been a couple hot redface and itchy moments that lead me to believe wheat (intolerance/allergy) and dairy (intolerance?) aren't the only things coming up rummy. Whatever, lame, blah blah, detective work, collapse head on desk and drop into a coma. Bor-ing. Cuz you know its like the body on a cellular? level remakes itself completely every 7 years and my body just clicked into a "whole new you" and it was done with whatever it had been putting up with in the years previous... And you and the wax issue? What? I love q-tips in the ears but maybe my canals are initially wide enough to circumvent the issue? Or am I just standing belligerently on the precipice of ignorance and blissfully issue free.

I also got a little sick-ish and coped out of a party on Saturday and most everything else Sunday. I spent today laying on the picnic table reading a book about unearthly powers- primal cultures, western civilization and stared intermittently at finches and warblers hopping around the plants and butterflies and squabbling sparrows. Still, I don't feel particularly motivated to start any of my to-do's. Except puzzling over my back and if its aligned or not...Which brings me to my next absolute ponderance of the holidays.

I didn't even carve a pumpkin. I love carving pumpkins. Sarah even reminded me and my mind really couldn't grasp what was happening. I did end up watching 'The Orphan' that night, and yet still woosh! there it went. I was going to say something more about Thanksgiving and Christmas but I got bored just thinking about it and various dramatic developments and my moms sudden antipathy, but she's a trooper. She held out for some 35 years. Such is my moms patience for people. And apparently one of my aunts asking "what about all that education she received, what is she doing? What has it led to... and ... we never see her? is she "done" with us?"... My mom responded that she was remiss to put words in other peoples mouths regarding their feelings. Mwah. ha. Also, Cathy reminds me I can't climb volcanos every year for Christmas and yet still- I need some contemplation to occur on either how to check out completely or make this 2 months meaningful- fulltime employment aside? Because people are going to ask me and other people are going to behave that this time has some sort of meaning so I feel I should be prepared.

Otherwise I'm going to call it a day and finish watching xfiles s3, think about niacin allergies, and guidebooks to spiritual warfare- hoping I have the wherewithall to make it to yoga tomorrow- I can't venture to say if anything else might await me, but thats the fun unknown part.

4 comments:

pen said...

Meaningfulness is good, a positive, I feel.

What is this about the body remaking itself every 7 years? I need to know more.

Your mom rocks.

~sarah said...

every 7 years? someone was telling me that they are allergic to rice. RICE! because she ate it all the time since she was 7, every day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, and now her body has had enough and she breaks out in hives if she tries to eat it. weird.

for the holidays... i can't help you with thanksgiving. but i will be stuck here again for christmas most likely. you can tell people you have to care for your family-less friend. we can take a road trip or something, for a day, and say we are going out of town and can't participate in the madness. : )

OR pen can just haul the fam out here and we will entertain HER. that's even better! : )

almost anonymous said...

I may need an excuse to avoid a roommate Big Bear trip Thanksgiving weekend...

Andria said...

Yes, I've heard about your allergies changing every 7 years. . I know my body completely changed (medicines I'd been taking for years stopped working or had adverse reactions, etc.) in the past couple of years, but I blamed a lot of it on two pregnancies. I think, perhaps, it was a combination, though.

maybe not lying on the picnic table all day if you are concerned about your back? or is a hard surface better for alignment