Friday, October 9, 2009

Dear Penelope,

That we could dream dreams my penelope. Claim that the work in the world has everything to do with the spirit that we breathe into it...

on another note, as much as i swiffer the walls and ceiling there's an obscene amount of dust and hair that filter into the house. Just a day for instance and there's a little inch of it everywhere and did i tell you i have people coming over? Just the prayer council folks but still... stranger types. And you know i haven't been really social since 1998. There was this brief moment in 2002? or '03 I think where I had those paramountpages over. But I think that was the last time. So i've been setting up tables and mom wiped down the corners of the doors. And we're changing the dogandcat covered duvet covers and sucking up all the cobwebs. I like it- the race to be meticulously thoroughly clean and what not, though do not check the top of the bookcases. I mean, there has to be balance. But the roving giant retriever hairs have been reined in. That dog, I mean- seriously, out of control. We gave them baths even and will be confined for most of the morning to the bedrooms, because who can council people to not tolerate Bodo barreling into them or Zep using them as giant snotdepositories.

And since its a return to fall-ish weather for us which means gloriously temperate I might have occasion to turn on the floor heater in the hallway. So in the vacuuming fest I removed the grates and let me tell you- the amount of hair and dirt that ends up in them, its gross but a small mercy so that they don't take legs and kill us as we shuffle to the bathroom late at night. Well anyway I got distracted and left it unattended and I turned and did a pratfall right into the open grate. Luckily I hit a flat metal band which caused me to naturally tip forward, arms flailing into the open sprawl of me vs. the wood floor. My knee is cranky, which it always is, and now bruised, and my pride is wounded and of course you realize that in your contemplation of life and the universe people die this way, in such a random, perfect freefall into space, an oblivious moment, an open grate and poof. Perfect timing.

I was reminded of this as I got off the offramp. A car came and almost sideswiped me. But I always go into the side pocket before totally entering the lane and sure enough, this car changed lines right at the offramp point. Who does that! Anyway, small mercies and my natural inclination saved me. This time. ;) That youngfuckingpunkandhisbeamerandidontknowhowto driveattitude. Anyway.

Was it just me or was the wedding epi of the office a total disappointment? I mean there was that beautiful transcendent moment of them on the maidofthemist or whatver, all wet and married and entering into the entire epic nature of life together but the rest? I don't know. And why doesn't Pam have more girlfriends? But i digress. There were more niceties and then annoyances and what does it matter. Its not real. And yet.

As a complete contrast I saw the 3rd installment of WagnersRingCycle. Fairly epic. There was a point though in the first act where we were being hit with the a/c and i was wrapped up and it was dark and i was just so cozy. I reached into my bag and had a few pieces of cut salami which I knew right them must be reeking and completely inappropriate but I thought maybe a little food would just sort of jumpstart me or something and it was just so tasty. It kind of worked. And as much as I wanted to nip at the tequila I brought i just kept thinking it might warm me up for a minute but then its just going to put me to bed. But anyway in the third act brunhilde finally is woken up from her slumber by siegfried and as she is rising from this sort of casing, time starts ripping parts of clothing/costume off- i was like woh! brutal! Then i realized it was to symbolize the fact that she was becoming mortal, part of the curse... so she went from white (near god) to red and black (earthy and aging). And then all this redfabric started billowing out under her. So intense. I have to say the 5 hours flew by. Because the art direction could not have been more impactful.

Alright I'll sum up by saying I'm reaching new energetic heights free of wheat- yoga for instance is at this wholen'other level. Swimming is good and the garden is good and books are being read and I'm going to hear more about what a degree in spiritual formation might look like next thursday and i have this feeling that i'm back at some sort of graduating point where people all around me are leaving and transitioning and i'm right where i'm suppose to be but sad everyone else is all liquid and sifting away from me and yet the days, october, ticking on by right? And so this is a season of change and then...

the basics:

ah, cupcakes
ah, zero% at fault
ah, i do not like soup really in that i don't or rarely specifically crave it.

and off to nordstrom rack with joanna, and dinner and whatever else the night holds- hopefully all good and true things what with the harvest moon waning gibbous.

No comments: