Wednesday, October 21, 2009

dear m,

I know what you mean about lack of yoga and “should have” but “didn’t” and I’m regretting the absence today in advance. It would make me feel better and reel me back in a little, but yet the to-do list for today remains long. Birthdays are exhausting! And yet so fun. But still. Some semblance of normalcy and quiet awaits on the other side. Sort of. I hope.

In reading your last letter, I have worries about the feeling of anchorlessness and I hope for some sort of project or direction for you, just to throw you a line. Something to hang onto and pull you through the day in a more significant way. Not that aimless journeying does not have its place. But I hear a tiny note of desperation there and of course I worry. It’s my job. I do it well. Find your anchor, my friend.

Tonight is crab legs and creme brulee (from a box, don’t even try to be impressed) and I look forward to it. Yesterday was all low-key adventures and pizza buffet. And appreciating the gifts in life, of which there are many.

Saw Where the Wild Things Are on Monday night, and it’s really good. Yet tragic? In a very everyday way. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before, a film that made me want to cry the whole time, and there was never really any big moment or culmination where I did cry? Yet I felt like my heart was breaking at every turn. The loss of childhood and whatnot.

This past weekend: Birthday celebrations with fam, lasagna and Nemo cake, all sorts of wonderfulness. I’ve always been an icing person, but not really a cake person, and then for a short while I wasn’t even interested in the icing anymore. But all of a sudden I want it all. Icing, cake, mmm. I’m the only one eating the leftovers, but what can you do except enjoy it.

I’ve switched book tracks temporarily and am attempting to plow through a 7-day library loan, Her Fearful Symmetry, by the author of an all-time fav, The Time-Traveler’s Wife. It’s good, so good. But eeek, I have just a few days left and am only 150 pages in. Will finish eatpraylove after that and perhaps discuss. It makes my mind and heart buzz.

In the meantime, the blogs and the emails and the virtual farms lay slightly in neglect but on my mind…I shall return in full v. soon.

A lovely Wednesday to you.

1 comment:

Andria said...

ooh, ooh, loving the new background (and I REALLY loved the previous one, so that's saying something) and the pictures on the sidebar! fabulousness. That dress really is awesome, M.
I like listening in on your conversations. It feels less open for outside commentary. Not saying to change, just explaining: still here, just quiet.