Monday, May 9, 2005

bruised

Today my accomplishments include:
1) banging my left knee very, very hard on the bike console at the gym. You know the bike where your legs are horizontal instead of vertical? All it takes is shifting yourself forward one inch.
2) getting really and truly lost in the parking lot at the end of the day, not knowing where I parked my car.

On brighter notes, here is what is in store for this week:
1) mendacious' birthday!!! And we all better sign her yearbook for real this time. Because she was being serious last time and we missed it. (Cue: hang heads in shame).
2) a weekend of nothingness!!! No places to go, no people to see. Ahhhhh.

It's finally spring here in North Cackalacky. The birds are teeming from their nest. The plants grow so fast I swear you could sit out back and watch them.

I think tonight I want to write. Not like, write. But jot some notes. I haven't jotted in months. And I need to make plans, big plans, to combat the soul-sucking force of corporate America. Like, what will my best-seller be about? And this time it has to be something I would want to pick off the shelves and read myself. Which is hard, maybe too tall of an order.

Here is what has already been done:
1) Magic, i.e. witches and wizards
2) Jeans that fit four different girls perfectly
3) Unfortunate but winsome orphans (many times over)
4) Discovery of own royalty in formative years
5) Being unpopular in high school
6) Embracing lost dryer socks by wearing mismatched socks (GEEZ, why didn't I think of that?)

I'm opening a Suggestion Box, please feel free to submit as many entries as you'd like.

No comments: