Wednesday, January 19, 2005

This week I'm eating all white foods

Actually I have a few other colors mixed in there, but for the most part I'm trying to keep it bland. Today's lunch menu is rehydrated potato soup, and for dinner we'll have tuna melts. Which will involve some very hyper-colored (ooo, remember hyper-color T's?) cheddar cheese. However, regardless that my stomach's on fire, I can't ever stay away from the cheese. I suppose most of it's pretty bland.
 
See, what happened was last week I had a little flip-out. The crying in the middle of the day for no reason kind. Then Friday night I had a few drinks. And then Saturday, the little ulcer I've had in the making for years now--that's years of steady, hard-core internalizing, people--it met the alchohol and screamed off its little head. It said in an evil voice, "I'll get you, my pretty." I spent the next two days in a little ball on the couch, wishing the witch dead.
 
And I'm better now with an doctor visit (abhorred) and a few pills but figure that bland foods are a good idea. No jambalaya, no chili, no marinara sauce--all the witch's favorites. Instead I will bore her tears with meals void of color and spice. Tuna melts, chicken and pasta with a mild, non-tomato-based sauced. Raw mushrooms, crackers. Maybe on Sunday, for those last pre-Superbowl games of football, a nice homemade baked potato soup. Let her socks rot off with boredom, that witch.
 
Trouble is, I'm a little bored, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor baby. Now don't be so afraid of the doctors, they may have magic pills to make it all better. Yes, stress aggravates these things, true, but maybe it's a bacteria or virus that can be zapped with the right drug. Take heart.

mendacious said...

god i hope you're better now. so you can go ahead and log another post already!