Tuesday, December 14, 2004

quote of the day

I'm minding my own business. All I can think of is that it's free turkey day tomorrow and god-willing i'll actually last one more day at this job to make it to- I-get-a-free-frozen-turkey-in-a-box-to-take-home.

I wipe the drool from my mouth as I see John bound up and he says, "Hey, how's it going." He says this with a laugh.

Then he says, "So has this place started to give you the dry heaves yet or..."

I laugh.

I say, "Ha, not yet!"

He says, "Oh so just straight vomiting then."

I laugh. I think this is awesome.

He says, "It's, yah, know, a typical reaction to this hell hole."

I think he MUST know me. KNOW what i'm thinking. He must know what I think of the hive. How'd he get away with saying that too. Because it was funny and he really must know me. I think it'll be sad to leave John and Mildred.

I didn't have to contemplate that for long as I my job agent took me off this assignment because I was unhappy. I read this email from my phone and gasped in horror. I took a break and I called and I said, "When I'm happy stars and hearts shoot out of my head." But that hasn't happened for a long time. So it doesn't matter. Discontent doesn't matter. But he took me off the assignment anyway. Nevermind that I'm missing a free turkey.

They don't have another job lined up so I've shot myself in the foot and I don't get a turkey. I'm a hunter with nothing to do. Nevermind the suffering or the -now i can't afford the dating service. Perhaps stars and hearts are worth waiting for. I might wither before then but it'll be worth it.


The vomiting comment was everything.

No comments: