Saturday, September 7, 2013

As I sit here pretending to smoke this mini-golf pencil,

my gums aching, nothing much on tv, and nothing I want to look at on the internet. It's like returning to my inbox to see if anyone has sent an email and no one has. Like waiting for money to drop from the sky or pondering earthquake weather.

Sipping rooibos iced tea as param snakes past me and hops out the broken screen door. Seems a shame to fix it. Wondering about having dreadlocks, knowing I could pull it off but would I want to. There are things still to do on the list- short term- curtain rods, trim, closet, and why are my gums aching anyway.

?

Something so earnest about a question mark.

I was going to talk about some of the church conflict stuff. So much there about truth and love and how our heart disorders them- but I think i'd rather go to bed. It's crazy. I mean I've had coffee even. I guess potting that one plant totally exhausted me. It came out of nowhere as I was watering- it just suddenly was impossible to ignore- and earlier I did become crazed and start ripping weeds and dead sunflower stalks out of the ground and into a giant untidy heap on the lawn.

So sleep. Sleep's ok for now right? After some portlandia and turning off the sprinkler.

m.

13 comments:

Daniel Bruckner said...

Yes, expound on your church conflict (I'm running a little low on God/religion material). Yes, you could pull off dreadlocks, but that's just a silly thing to commit to isn't it? And what library did you still that pencil from? I have the right mind to report you

schu said...

I don't even have a library card. I don't know "what" you're talking about!

And yes, will expound when I can.

Daniel Bruckner said...

You don't have a library card? Ouch. You're coolness quotient just took a hit. I mean, come on. I whip out my library card almost as much as I whip out my visa!

schu said...

libraries torment me because you cant keep the books. its like that secret warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones.

schu said...

libraries torment me because you cant keep the books. its like that secret warehouse at the end of Indiana Jones.

pen said...

that is just one of the library's many beauties - you CAN'T keep the books! you get to share them, and there is no permanent cluttering of your house. at least in addition to one's already very full bookshelves, which are, of course, a given.

Daniel Bruckner said...

The secret warehouse at the end of Indy? I don't know what library you've been to but the one's I frequent keep the books out on shelves that are easily accessible to the general public. And love that I don't get to keep them. Every time you turn in a library book it's an opportunity to cross paths with a future lover.

Daniel Bruckner said...

You're not going to believe where I went today :)

schu said...

oh future lovers. if only Daniel.

did you go to paramount? I hope so. no wait, no. you need to come with me!

bruckner said...

If we were to appear together under such circumstance, taking in the same sights and sounds, feeling the same mid-September sun, filling our lungs with the same particulate matter, it might be interesting to contrast what our blog postings would be on this shared event. Unfortunately, my days of blogging are long behind me.

schu said...

jeju sarah and myself are heading to the big Paramounto tomorrow. JOIN US. i know you want to.

Daniel Bruckner said...

It appears you've mastered the art of dangling a carrot on a stick. Two women to one man is favorable. Sadly, my employer would find this excursion to be improper.

schu said...

tsk anyway. josh was like heck yah I want to see Bruckner. he said it a couple times- like you were some sort of myth or legend. like you were the dude or something. and to AA he was like, yah why hasn't she visited. she said she's here all the time... like wah wah. it was good times. I even got harassed by security. also the pages have ipads. that show pics and movie clips- WHHHHAT.