Friday, April 22, 2005

wow, okay

so penelope is still no where to be found. i might start mascarading as her just to see her name once again grace the page. (tear, sigh)

it's been, i can't believe it- the whole week is standing behind me gesturing and making rude comments about my godmother, I don't disagree. I think the first blogless days spoke to my listless psychological state of, is this my life, is this all there is- latin phrases and praise for aloe- which by the way, is still amazing. i was looking at it with amazement and wonder just last night.

to recap>: i learned about the accounting phrase called "doubtful accounts"-- which means that it is money owed but unlikely paid. i have a couple of those and if i had connections to the mafia and no rich admonishing godmother i would most likely seek revenge. as it is there's a mental tally column called "screwed over" right next to "black listed".

happenstance>: i was at home shifting about garden pots so they were in a more agreeable arrangement- sort of like the art of Ikebana but different and involving strain to the lower back. i was on the phone with my friend and my cousin was within earshot- he said, let's go to B.J's. i said, what do you think we are that we can lounge about all day like the upperclasses?! my friend started laughing on the other end. she said, right, some of us have to work for a living. i said, well doesn't moving pots around count for anything? she didn't answer.

also, i received my seller's permit! (get out) no seriously! it was in this horrible packet with brochures and said something about quarterly taxes and i was like ew, and then i was like, my like, eyes are like burning. and i was like, gah. i have to look at this like later.

new experiences: strawberry and rhubarb pie. i like i like. and then (THEN THEN THEN)there was the department of public services. in chatsworth. remember how i don't care about things until they happen to me or until they happen to someone i know- well my friend needed moral support bcs she needed to apply for medical. so i took a deep breath knowing full well about the no appointment, 1-3 hour wait and went in with only one bag of nuts and a pint of water. big mistake. despite the deprevation of 2 really important things i think it was a relatively painless experience. i ran out of trail mix at 10:30 then around 10:45 a search of my friends bag revealed a stash of almonds. that tided me over. but just then the surge of children in the waiting room peaked along with general clamour and the screetching announcement system and i went to sleep in the car. i texted my friend and she appeared 10 minutes later with a folder of necessary paperwork- the funniest requirement: she needs a note from the doctor re: pregnancy. i looked at her belly and said, well it could be fake. i'm not sure though, i think i just saw something move in there.

No comments: