Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Corporate Me

Today when we went around the room to introduce ourselves (most hated task!), I made sure to say, "And I'm a writer." Even if it's not true, even if I am currently not physically writing something, isn't also true that we just always are writers? Like, it's in us, and that can't be taken away. We'll always be that observing variety, thinking in crafty sentences.

Yeah.

Anyway, suddenly the room became Very Interested, and it made me feel better, because now that's Out There. I'm not just here, bumbling, being shy. I'm trying to earn a buck, true. But there's something else to me, and the fact that I don't talk very much? That doesn't mean I'm boring. I have A Plan.

And here are the things I have collected over the past two days:
1. Stainless steel coffee mug
2. Two pens, one white and one blue. The blue one is like half a pen, with this weird lever-thingy that makes the ballpoint appear
3. A CD cutter, for those pesky sticky labels you can never get off with just fingernails
4. A post-it pad and a magnet, both for the fridge
5. A shoestring necklace for my photo ID badge, which must be visible at all times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, it was a great read! On the subject of sticky labels a while back i found a british labels company who printed me some sticky labels for a really low price. If interested then it may be worth taking a look at their website as they did many types of label printing.

mendacious said...

what the fuck pen. ha. i say lets both run out and buy labels right away! i am like SO excited about it.