Saturday, April 2, 2005

What I've Been Doing, Where I've Been:

1. At work, planning my escape

Two Monday's ago, I arrived at work to find that after talking about it for years, they finally converted our database to the ugly, text-based platform. A week and a half before my last day, of course. And Windows was gone, replaced by Linux. Oh, and since you're in Customer Service and we ran out of computers, we had to give you The Slow One. Sorry!

So all my crafting and training in the Art of Being a Sneaky Workplace Badass, down the tubes. Instead of emailing and surfing on the sly, it was more--how do I work this thing? How do I look up orders? What am I looking at on the screen? How do I do my job again? Except that no one knew the answers.

Frankly, the time period passed in an insane little blur. My last day we had cupcakes, and also my departure coincided with a company pizza party. Typical. For our hard work in making the new database a success. Which isn't even true.

But I'm back now!
Will forgiveness be granted?
Pretty please?

No comments: