Saturday, April 2, 2005

My Dog

Is afraid of the wind. Literally.

***Break: Let me just say that Mendacious, you have properly shamed me. Blog Protective Services should be coming for me any moment now to arrest me for my neglect.***

So the not-so-little black dog spent all last night jumping on the couch and in bed with her mommy and daddy, more so than usual, entirely spooked by the anonymously stirring curtains, the thrashing windchimes, and the general upset that is going on outide. Honestly, though, it's a lovely spring rain. We need it, and for once this year, it's not making things cold. All the plants are outside, drinking it in, and though the couch under the open window suffered a little dampness this morning, the dog a little emotional trauma, it has been sweet to have all the windows open and the breeze blowing and the sound of rain.

No comments: