Friday, April 15, 2005

trip

into the 7th circle of hell!

the EDD is turning out to be one of satan's many minions. while i had suspected this i didn't give it much thought until yesterday. this is the case with most things anyway. you're not going to care until it happens to you or someone you know. that is just how it is. my simple saga- in word form: unemployed one week, fill out "simple" online form, receive paperwork, thought: i'm in., fillout another form, think: okay, now I'm in. receive 3rd form- which looks suspiciously like the second form, fill it out again. begin to think: crap. receive a 4th form saying i've filled out forms 2 and 3 incorrectly and more importantly sent form 2 in too early?! i'm not even making this up. too early. i got penalized for sending it in TOO EARLY. WTF. they tell me to call immediately. they leave no number. but that doesn't stop me. SO: I.CALL. after 4 punches- 1,2,4,2 respectively- i'm told that there are too many people on hold and that they can't take my call. CLICK. i try off and on for a couple of hours. click. CLICK. i am reminded that there is a website. i send a query. today a man calls me twice in 5 minutes thinking that he has perhaps done his duty in trying to reach me. I MISS THE CALL. (S). He sends me an email, to which I cannot reply to. He SAYS: I WILL SEND YOU ANOTHER FORM. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FILL IT OUT CORRECTLY THIS TIME. well for fucksake. i send another query from the magic website- i say what makes you think that I'll fill it out correctly this time? i'm an idiot aren't i? with an IQ of 137! What makes you think i'm going to fill it out correctly THIS TIME!!

who would've suspected that calling three people to find out the exact intersection, still not knowing the zipcode and hopefully maybe might get my sellers permit in the mail by "5 business days" would be the easy part of the day.

No comments: