Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Penapiper,

I was feeling spicy and carefree when i picked it. I felt the header had to match. There was something about the bulbs i know, but our moods seemed to run contrary to that. And then once i changed the BG, it just seemed to be mocking the header. BUt anyway. One day.

Oh and you can totally send me with jlo. Its like, having a brother for a day outing. Though I understand if we can't work it in. I mean clearly it should be worked in, because my brother would never take me to a shooting range or play volleyball with me. So its a good thing jlo is it. I mean he even burns me cds so I can evolve my musical tastes. Its completely a brotherly thing to do. ANd im completely psyched about all of our outings. Its going to be a perfect and lovely week. Im excited about the prayer maze also. I want to create one in my lot at church. That would be rad. I've never done one. And of course one day when i come visit you again, i'll just buy my ticket like a normal person instead of using ffm, and that way i can fly into wilmington direct and simplify our lives. Giving us more time for everything obviously. Though I do enjoy that we can maintain a 2 hour convo, taking only occasional no talking breaks. I'm sure this time we'll have nothing whatever to say. ;)

Also, ew, fruit strips.
SO food. Yes, mmm. Everything i listed to you in my snack suggests for lent are good to go. I can do corn and rice, rice noodles, corn chips... i'll just have to label check stuff- as its candida v. wheat/soy allergy. Also spelt has wheat in it. Tragic. But quinoa is a good grain i can eat. Also rye crisps? Potatoes of course. Its just the usual staples are out- toast, bread for sandwiches, pasta... and chocolate is out unless it doesnt have soy- i do feel better i have to say. I think i may even be allergic to peas. Its part of the soy family. Its ridiculous. But anyway obviously fruit is golden! And i love. I can still do cheese and nuts (for now?:P) and nonfat yogurt. Recently I got into agave syrup as a natural sugar additive. Do you want me to bring you some? I feel very fancy using it with my yogurt and i cut up bananas and mix cinnamon in. Also meat = delicious, fish included, and all sorts of salads and lettuce and broccoli... its an all natural and mostly organic world i'm in. Fairly wild. And we won't feel as compelled to try and find dessert opts since you're abstaining. And thats a good thing. DOn't even get me started about the fact that the beef flavoring in mcds fries has wheat in it...

What else?

I'm watching Thorne today. The ipod I acquired needs a new battery. I've got some post it note chaos going on when clearly I should have a list. They're all standing tall right now like separate thoughts. Joanna got her necklace and the guy said he didn't know where the other necklace was- the one i spent $18 on sending express. Ugh. Whatever. Typical! And weird the mail just arrived early. Usually its all, I'll take my time and come at 3pm but here it is already. Allright i'm going to go read a book about the hubris of youth.

I have to things to contemplate though: being a 'church friend' and maybe a poem about lent...

m.

2 comments:

almost anonymous said...

Are they switching up mail delivery systems? Ours has been all wonky as well. Sometimes it comes at the "normal" time between 3 and 4, but some days it's here at 11.

Although in our case maybe it's from living on the city border, as sometimes mail I'm sent seems to take and extra day or two to arrive.

somebody's mom said...

So the colors on the blog are the colors of the sky after a rain. Such a peaceful combo even with the urban grafitti.