Tuesday, August 26, 2008

mysteries, by pen

There are things in this life I do not understand. Here is what plagues me lately:

1. Why it is necessary for humans to exercise. I mean, besides the fact that modern humans in industrialized countries spend much of their day sitting on their asses. Besides that. Exercise is boring. And I hurt.

2. Why I picked writing as my “major.” Major malfunction, more like. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love writing and all, and I don’t necessarily regret the period of idiocy in my life that caused me to choose “writing.” I think I’m just ready to use a different part of my brain. If it still exists.

3. Mean people. I do not understand them. Like people who read your blog all the time and can’t be bothered with you in real life? I mean clearly they don’t really care about you. They think you’re boring or horrible and don’t want to hang out. But yet, they continue to read your blog! Baffling. And I know several people who do this, with a few different blogs.

4. Why exactly I’m choosing to let K.Lo play with her cupcake and get it all over her cardboard nesting boxes, when it’s going to be a super-duper mess to clean up later. Actually, I do know why, on that one. Because she’s happy.

6 comments:

Andria said...

I agree - why couldn't we all be born with great bodies and great metabolism?!

Don't get burned out! Has your secret club not restored some faith and enthusiasm?

I despise mean people. They are so unnecessary. Why couldn't they get the bad bodies and go be miserable somewhere else? I wish we lived closer together - I'd totally hang out with you IRL! ;)

Cupcakes make people happy. Dellaina even had a shirt that said so. I loved it. Why can't we just sit and eat cupcakes and be happy?

penelope said...

The secret club has restored much faith and enthusiasm! But... and perhaps this is a different blog. I was talking to someone at a party this weekend who is a statistician, and I was kind of jealous? And then I remembered how good I used to be at math and science. It was all very strange...

We would totally hang out if we lived close by! :) And eat cupcakes.

mendacious said...

sort of ominous about a different part of your brain needing to be engaged... good, and it makes sense, and i think that it explains a lot...about moving in a different direction or finding a new way to access old interests with kickass skills...so that you don't lose that part of yourself...

and yet i feel like somebody just lightly singed me with a hot poker.

penelope said...

awwww, m! you know i shall never abandon thee, and that includes our blog.

i just need to find a way to do math. or something. without counting my fingers and toes. tell you what, send me a book about frogs or calculus for christmas, either one, and i'll be satisfied.

erin j said...

1) we like the torture
2) how our mommy brains aren't mush is beyond me and how you can write the 2817204987 blogs you do is a mystery to me... you are a good writer, so there.
3) i read your blogs and love ya! screw the rest of 'em!
4) happiness is a child with a cupcake... ALWAYS... i want a cupcake... where's mine?

Kurt said...

I majored in English with a Creative Writing emphasis. SO useful.