Sunday, November 19, 2006

it's abby morgan

I have seen the movie While You Were Sleeping approximately 72 times. I could probably recite the movie for you. Aside from the obvious draw of a Sandra Bullock romantic comedy, I love this movie for its Christmassy-ness, for Peter Gallagher's eyebrows, for the catchy soundtrack, the character of Joe Fusko Jr, and the fact that for a split second in the beginning, you can see the building where I lived for 9 months in Chicago. I love particularly, too, the hilarity contained in all of the Callaghan family dialogue, it is so fantastic. These mashed potatoes are so creamy.

I guess every time you notice something new, and I can't figure out quite why it took so long for me to notice, being such a hardcore Dawson's Creek fan as well, but Mary Callaghan is totally Abby Morgan. Mean, caustic, bitchy Abby Morgan, who gave everyone (particularly Joey) a hard time, and ended up biting it one night after getting drunk with Jen Lindley and landing herself in the water.

Anyway. It all makes sense now. But the next mystery remains: is this really Mary Callaghan? I guess we've been introduced the wonderful world of collagen injections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE While You Were Sleeping. That dinner scene is classic, and one I use often to describe dinner at my house. Cesar Romaro wasn't Spanish. I didn't say he was Spanish. Well what did you say? I said he was tall. We all know he was tall.

Poor Mary Callaghan. Apparently getting her ears pierced for Christmas was the turning point.

mendacious said...

isnt while you were sleeping that movie with julia roberts and she gets stalked??