Sunday, August 20, 2006

PET PEEVES, REVISITED

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

  1. My kitchen sink. It's very shallow, and when I wash the dishes, the water spills over and soaks my shirt. I hate that.
  2. Cold sores. Generally, I am able to keep them under control with the help of CamphoPhenique. However, they are still there, and still threatening. And if one should happen to emerge in all its painful un-glory, look out.
  3. TV seasons that are only 6 episodes long, unless there is a solid excuse. For example, the first season of "The Office" began very late in the spring, so it is very short. However, this latest season of "Monk" began mid-July. Why is the finale next week, then? I don't understand. It's almost more sad than pet-peevish.
  4. Whenever people think I'm mendacious, or that mendacious is me. Not that I don't love mendacious. It's just that, we ARE two completely separate people, each with our own lovable, unique qualities. You might have been under the impression that we are one person, divided into two personas. Not so. Read: two bloggers=separate posts.
  5. The feeling of being watched. Like when my dog stares at me, thinking that her Jedi Mind Tricks will incite me to give her a treat. Every night, I can feel her eyes burning holes into my skin.
  6. People who don't just change the channel. I mean, if you hate a show, but enjoy that you hate a show, fine. Be intelligent in your analysis of why you hate the show, and/or savage in your dislike of it. But otherwise, just change the channel.
  7. And same thing with blogs--if you don't like it, why are you reading it?
  8. People on the road who cut you off just to slow down. I ask you, WTF is the point.
  9. The traffic circle at Mayfaire where there's a yield sign, but no one yields. And then they act like you did something wrong when you keep driving and have to honk your horn. Like, hey buddy, I'm just letting you know that I have narrowly, no thanks to you, avoided certain death.
  10. Mosquitoes in the house.

And that is all.

3 comments:

mendacious said...

what do you mean we're different people?! WTF.

penelope said...

shhhh, mendacious! they might find out about the "disorder."

Cue said...

I applaud this recent articulation of individuality, much as I'm a tad confused about the why and feel like I might've missed something important during my blog hiatus. Like, the mention here about haters reading the blog or whatnot. Surely not again? Well, anyway. Good lists, good reads. Thank you, and goodnight.