Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ANTMelope,

I mean i get your critique of +sized girl but i loved the photo of her and the sheep. And I think because she has to try a bit harder is why i'm more interested to see if she can pull it off. Though yah, is she 'highfashion'... eh. Krista and DeniseRichards just have to stand there and their bizarro faces carry them where ever they want to go. Though i suppose they are all H2T. Not like that boring blonde angry chick that got voted off the time before last. The 6 gosee girl. . . i don't get. I just, she just comes off badly on tv. I don't know. I just can't be bothered to root for her. And yah I totally also wondered about the uggs. They're over used here in LA as fashion, so possibly its a cultural thing that those guys who live close the epicenter of ugg creation are completely against them, aka she might as well have been wearing her bedroom slippers. Where here, we're trying to be cute and trendy. Though my circulation will never be that bad, nor my feet that cold to even be able to wear such things. I do remember lusting after a pair in the 90's. Then after that, forget about it. I wouldve had to burn my pair due to all the faux-beach bunnies strolling down melrose blvd with them. But whatevs. But she totally should've been wearing heels? or boots? alas.

And i know people love nigel, i used to love nigel. But he's kind of an ass right? And just catching that money train like the entire rest of the panel. But I just stare at him and i just get a little creeped out for some reason at his uptightness and the nude shoots and whatever else. Lets not even talk about Tyr@s outfits. Sometimes I wish they would par the crazy back down. But its a "thing" of its own now and can't be stopped. But I agree with Ash that the sparkle or whatever is so gone. That Bcs I love the shoots themselves I sort of hangon past the crazy and the drama and go- ooo pretty picture, or uh, they're having them do what!?

I'm so glad you said that thing about msjay. I mean REALLY. shut it. talk about theee most annnnoying VO after the maybe 2nd time I heard it. And i watched the 2eps back to back. My hand began to fly to the mute button faster than those 10sec makeup challenges.

And it was a beautiful rainbow. You could see the cameraman going, yes God, yes! Thank you! And that one shot of Alasia backlit in profile against the orange glow of the setting sun? Pretty magical in itself. So despite all the facade, beauty finds a way in? Nah, nevermind. I'm out of popsicles!
m.

4 comments:

pen said...

Most awesome line ever about the VO mute. Yeah, I think Alexandra's sort of an underdog and I want to root for her in that way, but her pictures are yawwwn and always badly angled, and does she ever smize? No she does not. Inevitably she'll be compared to Whitney as the plus-sized white girl, but really -- their pictures are not dissimilar. Side shots, same expression every time...

Your points about Nigel are totally valid, I must say. He needs to evolve, that Nigel.

Angelea's personality is just bah.

And Tyra's outfits, OMG! She was straight out of that horrible laundry commercial of yesteryear! The one with the HT2 spandex outfitted women tossed about...

ashley said...

Every time Tyra criticizes and outfit, I just want to yell at the TV, "You have no room in that shoulder-padded spandex jumpsuit stolen from the Xanadu discard pile to talk!"

And out of popsicles? Egads!

mendacious said...

totally mismasio.

ah, xanadu! good times!

(ash i eat like so many sugar-free popsicles a day. its ridiculous. and sort of expensive. but they're such an almost calorie free bit of crunchy cold awesome, how can i say no? especially to grape!? how can orange be everyones favorite? is crazy. )

Andria said...

Tyra's jumpsuits! ugh!! hideous. And int he beginning she commented about how it was the first or second one, so you knew she was planning one for each panel. ick.

And the crazy. . not sure you hear it online, but her comments in the beginning about "previously on ANTM" are so casual and conversational and trying to be hip and dynamic or something and are just. . not. "who you think is gonna be eliminated tonight, huh?"

I have never understood Uggs, but was surprised she was so criticized for them.

AMAZING Rainbow! and Alasia in the sunset, yes!

The landscape with the sheep for the photo shoot was magnificent.