Sunday, May 31, 2009

While You Were Gone, by M

We went to PLACERITA Canyon. Just a meer 15 minutes from my house, and yet never go to. But frequently visited it as a kid... we got to pan for gold when the crick was high, learn about the early gold rush here, the white oil oozing from the ground and of course just Saturday I saved everyone from a 5ft nonvenemous snake. I like totally went snake handler on it. It was pretty rad. Naturally I do not have a picture of that, and the epic heroics that ensued but Brigid will vouch for me. The asian couple with kid totally applauded me and the white guy was horrified. ah, nature!


3 comments:

almost anonymous said...

Trees, water, tasty-looking food. Looks like a good hike, complete with the snake adventure.

Outdoorsy girl said...

Lovely!


My word verification was "fangs"!

yeah! said...

You are very brave!