Monday, July 24, 2006

little bit of this, and sayonara for now

  • Today, dehydration. Too much wine last night, although extremely tasty. I think the dumbest thing I did all night was almost eat raw beef at Little Dipper, and I blame this on being 3 sheets by then and apparently too blonde to understand the concept of letting it "cook" a few in the fondue pot. But really, I'm just a jackass who should not leave the house very often unsupervised.
  • The 1-spot at Target this week has, along with all sorts of festive back-to-school stuff, these little metal candy lunchboxes and buckets with a few pieces of things like Dubble Bubble and Lemonheads. This makes me happy.
  • I've been having these intermittent moments of misplaced panic today whenever I look at K.Lo, and wonder, what am I going to do with her when she gets a little older. Like, what do you do with kids. Is going about your day with a few additional dippy songs and an accompanying dance thrown in all right? Because that's what I'm doing right now, and she seems to be doing okay. She seems healthy and relatively entertained... Huh.
  • I've been watching a lot of Bravo shows lately, ProRun3 (obviously)... I've finally bonded with "My Life on the D-List," per mendacious' long-ago recommendation. I don't know what it is about Kathy Griffin, it's like I could never stand her, just because she was supposed to be annoying in that episode of Seinfeld, and her onstage persona didn't seem that different. But she's sort of fantastic, and I love her. Any scene involving those dogs, or her parents, and her deadpan perspective re: all her lousy gigs--priceless.
  • Also, "Workout?" Anyone? It's interesting like all the Bravo shows, with the drama-loving characters and whatnot, and all the services no one normal can afford. But I cannot get past this:

And I realize, this may not be the best picture pairing, and in many ways, yes--they are totally different. Jackie is blonde, Brandon is brunette. Jackie is cut, Brandon's just sorta-toned. Jackie is serious, Brandon's a goof. Jackie's about the workout, Brandon's about the hair. But...does it not look like Brandon is really Jackie with a bad wig? And, on that note, I know he charges hundreds of bucks a cut, but buddy, the hair. It was never a good thing.

  • Finally, tomorrow K.Lo and I will be heading up the road to H-borough, and then PA, actually the Scranton area, like where Dunder-Mifflin is, supposedly! Anyway, we'll be gone until next Tuesday or so, and probably won't be online very much. Have a good week, everyone. P.S. L, I meant when I said if you had a Book Club meeting this week, that it would be fine, but I will cry. Next week, guys, pretty please? And Ashley, you need to buy the book and read it. It's really good, and easy to get into, a fast read. I swear.
  • m, I fully expect you to hold down the Ivy Fort while I'm gone. Here is your hat for this purpose: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Go forth, and godspeed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the dumbest thing I did was take the waitresses suggestion and order those two half bottles. Who knew they would be more costly than 6 whole bottles. I really should know better.

penelope said...

the waitress was so charming. it's not your fault.

Anonymous said...

Um, I resent the message for me in this post. However.....duly noted.

mendacious said...

i resent the people who have nothing to say- we almost have like 50 people reading the blog and yet... okay there could be less- pen and i do check it alot so that could interfere with the count... and perhaps what we say lacks any sort of provoking material, and it's summer so people could care less, they're busy, inundated with things to read and amusements... and yet. and yet. you non commentators, you non-community parasites- well i love you but sometimes i'd rather just say- bite me, and be done with it. lovehurts.

Cue said...

Mea culpa, re: commenting. I feel a tad brain dead this week without substances such as caffeine and sugar, and I think that's getting to me. Will try to do better next week. Or, tomorrow. One never knows.