Monday, August 1, 2005

HangOver

As much as I want to keep up my street-creds. I had a sugar hangover, which not many people get. It's plagued me all my life. And every so often i get a little cocky and decide that I can eat some ice cream and have all the caffienated beverages I want. The price however is that I wake up like I'm in a pressurized-chamber, returning to earth, and wouldn't it just be better to sleep than remove the shifty 100 pound golden retriever from your head. But you're up anyway so why not pretend this day will be like any other day. And no matter how much water i drink, and protein I consume, it won't abate. It sucks. SO you shuffle around, squinting at everyone whether it's bright lighting or not. You talk in slow stilted tones and say, that's uper, that's great- with little to no enthusiasm. You nod your head to show your understanding. Your head tilts to the right with greater frequency like it's encouraging you to follow suit all the way to the ground. People ask how you are, you say, tired, hungover, but fine- if I could fight through the numerous filaments draped over my eyes I'd be able to tell you, fine. i think. i can't say, but i think so. and i feel a little stupid saying so.

The night before I went outside to water the frontyard and was attacked by a giant spider web. Frickin spider. He worked really fast though. I did a dance that involved me, spazaming forward with arms flailing out to the left and right picking the webs from my face and shuffling it off my arms. i saw the offending spider, already contemplating the horror of not being able to capture an evening meal - the only thing I could think besides flicking it was, i wonder what type of spider it is. Does anyone have a field guide? By that time I was already well on my way to drunk.

No comments: